Leave your gear at home as top of the line salmon fishing gear and halibut fishing gear is provided!
No need to pack your fishing gear because Pacific King Salmon and Halibut Fishing Charters will provide you with top of the line fishing gear. We also provide DFO approved life jackets for each person on board.
Salmon Fishing License & Salmon Stamp are required
Before heading out salmon fishing, you will need to obtain a BC Saltwater Salmon Fishing License and a Salmon Stamp for each person fishing. It is recommended that you purchase these before your salmon fishing charter as you may not be able to obtain it the day of your fishing charter.
The following salmon fishing license information is duplicated from the BC Government, Fisheries and Oceans Canada website:
A tidal waters sport fishing licence:
- is required to fish for any species of finfish or shellfish.
- is not transferable and is not valid unless signed by the licence holder.
- can be obtained in person; a parent may obtain a licence for a child under age 16; and a licence can be obtained for a spouse.
- must be produced on request by a fishery officer, conservation officer or fishery guardian, so ensure you have your licence with you while fishing or transporting your catch.
- Juveniles must obtain a licence, at no charge.
- Annual licences are valid from date shown on the licence to the following March 31. Licences of a shorter duration expire at midnight on the final day of validity.
- It is illegal to hold more than one licence.“
BC Salmon Fishing Licenses may be purchased online at:Tidal Water Recreational Fishing Licence System. This is a user-friendly licensing service offered through Fisheries and Oceans Canada. Simply fill out the secured online form, pay the required fee, print your licence, and you are ready to go salmon fishing.
Alternatively, your BC Salmon Fishing License may be purchased locally in Ucluelet at:
BC Government Service Office
5 – 1620 Peninsula Road
or if you are passing through Port Alberni en route to Ucluelet at:
5069 Johnston Road
Port Alberni BC
Prone to Sea Sickness?
While salmon fishing, the waters can be rough or gentle swells. If you are prone to sea sickness, we recommend the use of Transderm-V Patch. The patch is placed behind one ear the day before (at least 12 hours) your salmon fishing trip and is very effective. Transderm-V Patch may be purchased at most pharmacies and you do not need a prescription.
What to Wear during your Salmon Fishing Charter
If the weather is wet on the day of your salmon fishing charter, you may want to bring rubber boots and raingear (jacket & pants), and if it’s sunny, a hat and sunglasses! So….better bring both!! Please do not wear work boots as they will mark the deck.
Lunch & Catch Coolers
You are welcome to bring a small cooler for your beverages, sandwiches and snacks on your salmon fishing charter. Liquor is not provided but may be brought aboard.
You may also want to consider coolers to take home your salmon. Salmon packaging, smoking and freezing are available through two local companies:
1914 Peninsula Road
PO Box 1189
Ucluelet, BC V0R 3A0
Triology (located at Far West)
630A Campbell Street
Triology will also ship your fish home for you! Both places offer other seafood for purchase.